[NTLK] Connection problems w/OSX

From: K. J. Hallenius III (iluvatar_at_fusemail.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 18:11:43 PDT

Hey all,

I am unable to get a connection between my eMate and my Jaguar (10.2.8)
machine running either Escale or NewTen. I don't have the option to run
Classic - at least not without reinstalling my entire B&W G3, so I'd
appreciate some guidance from y'all in solving the problem with my current
setup.

I am attempting a serial connection. I have a IOgear USB-Serial adapter as
recommended on the Wiki, and I have the latest driver from their website.
When I fire up Escale, and then hit "connect" on the eMate, I get the
flashing green Newton on the Escale screen, and "Retrieving name...". But
the eMate just says "Waiting for connection", and then times out. This of
course hangs Escale, and I have to do a force-quit. NewTen never sees the
eMate at all, even though I've selected "cs.usbserial".

I've tried hooking the adapter into various USB ports, both with and
without a hub, but I seem to get nowhere. Is there something simple I'm
missing? Is anyone else out there using a B&W G3 with Jaguar successfully?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Ken