Re: [NTLK] 3.3v Cards - 2100 okay?

From: scotty technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 14:40:52 PDT

On 7-May-04, at 12:03 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:

>> the Newton only does 5v pcmcia cards safely.
>
> Huh?
>
> MP2x00s can handle 3.3, 5 and 12v PCMCIA cards.
> They identify cards and read about their power requirements by
> powering them at 3.3v.
>
> Paul

well i am no hardware expert, i based that statement on what i have
read on this list. to whit, the consensus seemed to be that 3.3v cards
could potentially fry themselves or the newton. you are right about the
12v for sure. if we can get a definitive answer to the 3.3 thing i will
update the wiki wifi page.

scotty t