[NTLK] Recruiting potential new Newton users to our community

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 07:27:24 PDT

Hello Everyone:

I think I came up with a possible idea for recruiting more people into our
community. We all know how the process usually works: somebody reads the
"Wired" article about the Newton's functionality and decides to buy one via eBay.
It takes awhile to locate all of the neat sites that offer support, and
eventually (hopefully) the person stumbles onto the NewtonTalk website.

I think it would be nice to try and expedite that process, by actively
recruiting Newton bidders on ebay. Here is a sample e-mail that I could send
randomly to eBay Newton bidders:

I was surfing the ebay and looking at various Newton auctions. I myself own
a couple of Newtons already, so no worries about me wanting to outbid you.

I want to extend an invitation to you to visit the www.newtontalk.net
website. It hosts the bulletin board for the worldwide open-source Newton community.
This is the ideal forum for asking questions and getting answers to
Newton-related problems. The site also posts links to free Newton software and
postings for upcoming meetings for Newton users to get together to exchange technical
knowledge or just hoist a beer. We have nearly 2,000 members registered
(free). Please visit the site and consider joining us on a regular basis. Thank
you.

Any thoughts on this?

Matt K.