Re: [NTLK] 3com 3c589d

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 01:21:30 PDT

NOPE!

3C589D is perfect and works fine.

Do not forget that the Newt is smart and puts the card into sleep mode in
order to save power.
As soon as you activate a network connection from the Newt it will wake up,
the LED will go on as well as the LED on your HUB/Router.
The main thing is to check whether your type of card appears in the list of
cards in settings/AppleTalk.
Try to activate Dock and select AppleTalk - then the LED will turn on
normally as soon as the Newt will start is search for a Mac to connect to.
Of course on the Mac NCU needs to be up and running, properly set up for the
Ethernet interface as well...

Cheers
Johannes