Re: [NTLK] 3com 3c589d

From: Dave Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 06:55:23 PDT

On May 4, 2004, at 9:48 AM, Mark wrote:

> When I insert the card, the diode on the dongle lights up for about a
> second and then goes dark. I look over a the netgear switch and the
> jack's
> lights are not lit. The other jacks are lit and data is flowing to the
> other machines sitting on my desk.

Mark,

Should we assume that you tried connecting to the Internet (or anything
else)? You didn't say - when you insert the card (I have the same one),
nothing at all interesting happens. You should see activity when you
actually try and connect to something - a computer, the Internet,
etc...Otherwise, the light stays dark. Once you're connected, it stays
solid (and blinks during activity).

- Dave