Re: [NTLK] size of 120/130 avi

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 18:09:00 PDT

Rotating Background Tip:

You are not limited to (portrait) 240 x 301 on the Newton 120 (or any
Newton,I would imagine). I've actualy designed all my 3-D AVI Backdrops
as 320w x 240h pixels. This specific size allows the backdrop automatically
adjust when you rotate the Newton's screen.

It takes a little experimentation (when you create the backdrop) so that it
still looks good when the Newton's rotation crops certain portions of the
picture. An example of one of my 3-D backdrops (as a GIF) is here:

http://webpages.charter.net/quadzillanet/gifs/Quad03.gif

Note the repeating pattern at the bottom...this helps fill the screen more
or less depending on orientation.

The sphere is just high enough that it never gets cropped.

Also, the word Quadzilla.NET is centered at the very top so that a) it
shows in both portrait & landscape modes, and b) it doesn't overlap the
birthday functions of AVI's Backdrop.

I'll upload some of my 3-D Backdrops to UNNA sometime later...until then,
Victor, if you are reading this, can you add some other subdirectories
within graphics/avi_backgrounds like "3-D" or "Artsy" for future uploads?

--
Sent using GoFetch Shell Transport and a Newton 120
--
   |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET