[NTLK] Newton Hard- and Software Wish Lists at WikiWikiNewt

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 11:04:24 PST

Considering the recent flood of wishes for software and brilliant yay/nay
comments on how to start and what to look at, I thought that this stuff
should not so easily sink to the bottom of NTLK and be forgotten.

Matthew was pointing us a couple days ago again at the very excellent
development inspiration shrine "Newton's Bulb"
<http://dev.newtontalk.net/%7Emartinw/Ideas%20pages/>http<http://dev.newtontalk.net/%7Emartinw/Ideas%20pages/>://dev.newtontalk.net/~martinw/Ideas%20pages/
. I'm not sure if that page is being maintained, it's a wonderful idea
incubator, though.

So I wondered if not the whole thing might not be done in a more
interactive/open way and twiddled with the WikiWikiNewt (thanks Rhonda!)
to create very basic indices for hardware
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/HardwareWishList and software
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/SoftwareWishlist each where
one-liners and links to project descriptions may be added and edited. Any
addition is welcome. The idea is to provide a quick and dirty way to unload
some wicked ideas - no matter how nutty or unlikely at first glance - and
be rid of them and offer them to whoever wants to grab them up.

Maybe the Wiki will be a good starting point for many people looking into
stuff (so keep it basic) and brainstorming cool-to-haves, and Newton's Bulb
could be more descriptive and detailed, a reporting channel for actual
developers dealing with doables.

What do y'all think of this?

'Kasko

P.S.: Only prob *I* see is, I can't make up my mind if it's "wish list" or
"wishlist". D'oh.