[NTLK] [ANN] New features for Newtontalk and UNNA

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 11:04:02 PST

UNNA is due for an update, and I'm trying to gather up the latest stuff. Keep
making submissions. For most of the month of March, there was a bug in the
new submit script that caused the description information to be lost. If you
submitted something in the last month, please re-submit it if you can.

The UNNA database is not dead! Now, when you browse the archive at
toronto.unna.org, descriptions for any directories that have them will appear.
  You can also (in most places) submit descriptions where there are none.

Please, please, please write descriptions!

Now for the NewtonTalk stuff. I know there are some hard-core RSS junkies out
there, so I was looking for a way to turn e-mail into an RSS feed. The only
existing thing I could find was MailBucket:

http://www.mailbucket.org/

It's not perfect, and the formatting leaves *much* to be desired but it works.
  You can access the feed here:

http://www.mailbucket.org/newtontalk.xml

This might go away in the future since I might write my own (eCartis
module|automated script) that generates an RSS feed on the server. But for
now, enjoy it.