[NTLK] Missing icon

From: Will (will_at_psioncomputer.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 10:58:17 PST

Dear all,

I've recently bought a 2100 off ebay with accelerated processor board (my first Newt).

I installed a few backdrop programs to have a look at, didn't think very much of them and uninstalled them.

Now all of my icons have disappeared from the bar at the bottom of the screen! Including extras, names, dates etc... The only remaining icons are the scrolling arrows and overview button.

I've tried rebooting, taking the batteries out etc but to no avail. I'm quite happy to do a factory reset, but because the accelerator board is linked to the on/off switch, when I hold it down and press the reset button to do a factory reset it just crashes with a flashing backlight.

The machine is working perfectly, it just means I can't run any applications other than the background note pad. I can't even connect the Newt to my PC as I have no access to the comms program.

Any help very kindly accepted,

Cheers,

Will.