Re: [NTLK] Newton programs wish list (WAS:Newton MPEG Support

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 13:01:47 PST

>In Acrobat Reader, copy the content and paste it into a text file and
>transfer to the Newt. Seems to me that'd work fine, or am I missing
>something here?

The one problem with PDF format is it is HUGE in comparison to plain text or
Newton Books. There is a plugin in at http//:www.tinystocks.com (at lesat
I think that is the link) for Acrobat that allows you to export a PDF to
plain text. But you need the full version of Acrobat not the reader for it
to work. Even if a PDF reader for the newon was available I probably would
not bother with it unless it was fast and a way could be found to really
compress it down. And I suspect that a reader would be slow and the PDFs
would be huge.

Also some PDF's don't allow you to select text and copy/paste it. And I
agree that it is anoying to say the least if the PDF is say a hundred pages
or larger (actually after 10 pages it becomes anoying).

-Dan

-Dan