Re: [NTLK] Newton programs wish list

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 05:48:27 PST

Richard,

Believe it or not, there aren't very many talented programmers out there
doing Newton development. In fact the number of ACTIVE developers can be
figured on two hands. Almost all of them are doing it for free - and even if
they charged for their work, there's not enough users out there to make it
profitable.

Given the fact that the Newton has JPEG and HTML support though the very
nicely coded Newt's Cape utility, I'd suggest you take a much closer look at
it and the features it offers - particularly when paired with SimpleMail and
nHTML. Not only does it work well with JPEGS sitting in your inbox, but it
handles tables and GIFs and BMP graphics embedded in web pages.

Newt's Cape has a unique user interface, but once you understand how to use
it you'll like it. In addition, it is very well behaved and doesn't
"conflict" with anything else. It is one of the most stable packages on the
Newton platform.

--Calvin