Re: [NTLK] Newton MPEG Support

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 12:43:49 PST

Lee Moon early on did a quicktime type of animator - but I can never find any
information on him (I hope he is still alive)... and his demo acts like it was
for NOS 1.1 because on 2.x it doesn't seem to work.

The other animation thing I've seen basically works as follows: import series
of pictures into newton book with newton press (not paperback thats for sure).
Then the viewer "flips through them" - but no sound AFAIK

There is certainly no MPEG player or encoder and goddess I would love to have
one. Ideally with sound. Oh hell, since I'm dreaming with an export function.

There is also an animator program someone was working on
namely
byte size software
firstvlnAT earthlink.net

home.earthlink.net/~firstvln/bytesize.html
Which lets you draw flip-book animations (no sound, no export) right on the
newton.

I think an export function would be really important. Just my 2c.