Re: [NTLK] OT: Mac Question

From: Miro (miroc_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 20:21:37 PST

On Mar 24, 2004, at 10:52 PM, Marty Sanchez wrote:

> 1. How much RAM should I have installed if I am going to be running
> Panther?

The more, the better. I've gone through quite a few Macs, and would say
that
the (comfortable) minimum is 384MB.

If you plan on doing anything demanding, just get as much as you can.
Don't
save there - RAM is pretty cheap these days anyway...

> 2. How compatible is the Airport Extreme with other WiFi routers such
> as
> Linksys?

As I write this, I'm using an Airport Extreme card in my AlPowerBook G4
and am connecting to the Internet through the Comcast cable via Linksys
Wireless-G router WRT54G.
Router works great, and - supports AppleTalk!!! ------- I'm
still happily using old Apple LaserWriter 4/600 PS and am LAN-networked
with a couple of PowerBooks G3 (one is serving some things, other in
use by someone else)

> Ideally, reply to me off-list, unless of course you feel that it would
> benefit the group as a whole.

If you'd like, you can ask off-list any questions you have.

Best, Miro