Re: [NTLK] Thanks Robert!

From: kareljansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 14:12:13 PST

Op woensdag 24 maart 2004 22:38, schreef Marco Mailand:
> "kareljansens" wrote @ 24.3.2004 22:22 Uhr / <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be>:
> > .. or a tough, clear plastic bag...
>
> I used special ziploc bags for the Newton but the weight of the Tablet
> thing is about two times higher, uff...

Allright, how about a swivel stand? Get one for those portable teevees and fix
it on the wall above your bath. My 3400 came with a nifty (albeit rather
bulky) bag and had a metal plate fixed on the docking station, that would
slide over a plexi catch in the bag. The plexi thing is really nothing more
than a square and can easily be reproduced in wood. The metal plate is no
work of a master craftsman either and the dock has plenty screwholes. Or just
make something in wood the tablet will slide in.

The screens of these Fujitsus are great (they are, in fact, renowned for just
that), but mine is only 10.8" and yours can't be much bigger (Sheesh! Is
*everything* I say about the Stylistic going to have this sleezy
undertone??), but that doesn't mean you can watch tv on them from across the
room.

Hmmm -- I'm wondering now: if I hook the 3400 up with a wireless network card
(provided I find one that works -- Hello! Brian, are you reading this?[*]),
would I be able to stream video to it from the DVD player in the desktop? The
3400 has hardware assistance for playing back video, whatever that may mean,
but my router will only support 11 MBs on wireless, which seems enough but
probably won't be.

____
[*] Only kidding, Brian. Take your time, there's no rush. :)

Karel Jansens