Re: [NTLK] Racism On The Board (Was "Any Idea Why")

From: francka (francka_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 14:18:16 PST

I'm sorry, but your taking this way out of context. Would it have been
different if jared would have said Russian roubles as a currency? Would
it have been discreminatory to the russians?
I agree that making up a silly name might be childish but I don't
believe Jared's intention was to attack the Black community but mostly
trying to make a point about the importance of checking in what
currency an on-line auction is listed in so to not get an bad suprises.

Let me ask you a question. Would you see racism if he would have made
an allusion to Rands, dihrams or CFA francs?