Re: [NTLK] the j&k sales newtons

From: Brett Hutley (brett_at_hutley.net)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 14:23:13 PST

nelson wrote:
> Has anyone picked one of them up? (the 2000 model for 49.00) they say
> the screens are scratched or scuffed. Just curious, would like to
> have a 2000 or 2100.

I just bought myself a 2100 from J&K. I got the most expensive one that
I could, and it was in pristine condition. I don't know what the cheaper
ones are like, but they ship promptly and are well packaged. I'd
definitely use them again.

I gotta say, it's great using a Newton again! After Apple canned the
product line, my trusty mp2k was left to rust. Since then I've used
pretty much every kind of organiser there is, only to come full circle
again. The thing that convinced me to buy another one was reading about
all the people here busy hacking their hardware :)

Cheers, Brett

--
Brett Hutley [MAppFin,CISSP,SANS GCIH]
mailto:brett_at_hutley.net