Re: [NTLK] looking for diary application

From: Jack Doyle (jvdoyle_at_bigpond.com)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 00:55:19 PST

On Tuesday, March 16, 2004, at 09:58 PM, Dave Bellamy wrote:

> Hi All
>
> This may sound like a dumb question but here goes anyway. Is there a
> Newt application that acts like a diary/ journal/ log for you to record
> your thoughts etc.. I have searched (the archives, FAQ, UNNA, Planet
> Newton) and found lots of references to blogging, weblogs and
> appointment diaries but nothing that meets my needs.
>
> Has anyone come across a good diary app?

I use Avi's backdrop to scratch my daily thoughts, and at the end of
the day (or the next morning) I cut and paste it into a works document
for interim holding (for a month or 6 weeks or whenever) till I move
the text to a desktop computer calendar/diary application. At the end
of each year I export all the text from the desktop app and make a
newton book for the past year. I have a backup of all the books (10
years worth) on the desktop machine and newton books on the newt which
are good for searching or browsing on the fly.
I am happy with the newton book format for each years diary but am
currently looking for an OSX calendar/diary application to replace my
good old OS9 application.