[NTLK] Blunt 0.5 Almost There!

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 22:20:46 PST

Hi Eckhart-

I'm a long time lurker here at Newtontalk, and I've tried to make time
to experiment with Blunt and my Sony-Ericsson T616, because wireless
Bluetooth on the Newton would be a great solution for me.

Here's how far I've managed to go so far. I installed all the latest
Blunt required software off your website. Then I drove like a bat out
of hell to get to CompUSA before they closed and bought the Ambicom
BT2000 CF. I ran your Bluetooth Setup Assistant and the "test button"
was successful. I was also able to "Pair" and "Get Services" for both
the Modem Port and OBEX Port.

For the Modem Port it gave me three choices in the drop down menu: (And
I'm not sure which one I should select).
Serial Port (4)
Serial Port (5)
Dial-Up Network (1)

For the OBEX Port it gave me two choices in the drop down menu: (Again,
not sure which one to use).
OBEX Push (10)
OBEX File Transfer (7)

I was also able to add the Newton to the list of devices on my T616
phone, so I know that the Newton and the phone are seeing each other.

Finally, I went to Internet Setup, and created a new Generic Setup
using BlueTooth as my connection choice. I put all the connection
information into the Setup Slip, and since it's been years since I had
to do any manual login scripting with modem commands, I was a little
unsure how to create a login script that would dial my AT&T Toll Free
access number. Anyway, I gave it my best shot, and when i went to hit
the connect button, the Newton crashed and restarted.

I should also mention that every time the Newton restarts with the
Ambicom card in the slot I get the error# 48807. When this happens, I'm
not able to see the Bluetooth choice in the selection menu when I'm
attempting to create a new Internet Setting. The BlueTooth choice just
disappears. When I take out the Ambicom card, and restart I do not get
the error message, and the Bluetooth choice reappears in the Internet
Settings menu.

So my fellow Newtonian, I'm hoping you can give me some help. I think
I'm probably pretty close to success, so any help you can give me will
be very appreciated. Here's what I need help with in short form:
(1) Which menu selection should I be using under both the Modem Port
and OBEX Port settings?
(2) Can you shed any light as to why I'm getting that #44807 error
message. Is it something I've done wrong?
(3) Can you help me construct a proper Internet Setting for Bluetooth,
so that I can dial my AT&T ISP?

By the way, I do have the correct (Ambicom 2000BT) driver selected in
preferences. Thanks again, and I'll be glad to donate some funds via
PayPal, to help you continue your efforts toward making Newton a viable
solution many years after it's "fall".

-Dave

--
David Deranian