Re: [NTLK] NewtSync status?

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 11:13:54 PST

On Mar 18, 2004, at 1:48 PM, Steven Frank wrote:

> Does anyone know what has become of NewtSync? I try it out every once
> in a while, and when I tried it a couple nights ago, it complained
> about my version of iCal. The last time I had it actually running, it
> was placing events on the calendar one day off.

Make sure you're using the 3m version, which shouldn't complain about
the version of iCal anymore. If it does there's a workaround posted on
everchanging.com's forums to get around it, or you can download the
replacement plug-in from Glass Onion. In either case, repeating events
and all day events seem to be unresolved issues. Otherwise, date
synching works. As does address book.

Haven't seen a post from John (author of NewtSync) in a while - my
guess is he's buried in OSX land. But remember as of version 3m I
believe the code became open source, so if John's not planning on
continuing the effort, someone else might be able to pick it up.
> Is anyone still actively working on NewtSync, or has it been abandoned?
> What about Escale and synchronization? Any news there?

Paul Guyot can chime in on that one - I haven't seen any other sync
options since NewtSync.