Re: [NTLK] Antialiased fonts

From: kareljansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 14:42:01 PST

Op woensdag 17 maart 2004 23:34, schreef josh musket:
> Mike R. Manzano wrote:
> >Okay,
> >
> >So the Newton has multiple gray levels it can render its screen with.
> >What is the possibility that someone could develop a font that used
> >those levels of gray to create a highly-readable anti-aliased font?
> >
> >Mike
>
> It seems way reasonable. It'd be cool, even if I doubt I'd ever use it.
> I'd have it on my Newt, simply for cool factor. But I seriously think
> people'd go for this.

I doubt it'd be a good idea. AA fonts, unless done _very_ well, look like cr*p
on LCD screens anyway, and those are modern colour LCDs, not the Newt's
ageing screens.

In any case the fonts we have now are crisp and clean and, due to the Newt's
high DPI, hardly blocky at all. They rock.

Instead, do a GhostScript for the Newton, will ya? :)

Karel Jansens