Re: [NTLK] unsubscribe

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 13:38:03 PST

Peter H. Coffin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 09:03:59PM +0000, Chris Edwards wrote:
>
>>This came to me, seems wrong
>

> It is. MMarvald_at_aol.com is a moron who couldn't be arsed to click on the
> link in the email he replied to that said where the message was from,
> much less bother to look in the email headers that describe exactly what
> to do to unsubscribe.
>
> Remember, folks. An "unsubscribe" message to the mailing list is an open
> admission that one is too stupid to read, and probably shouldn't be
> allowed even *near* a computer.

Whenever I see these I unsubscribe the person myself.

eCartis does check the first few lines of the message *body* for the word
"unsubscribe", and if it's in there it will bounce the message back to the
person along with instructions on how to unsubscribe. Unfortunately it
doesn't check the subject line :(

Move along, there's nothing to see here.