Re: [NTLK] A word makes Newt go crazy...

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 09:36:20 PST

Berthe M. Willumsen wrote:
> When I write a particular word ('overs') the Newton starts firing
> sounds rapidly (pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, many times over
<snip>
> Please, anyone know what is happening?

Try opening your personal word list (open the on-screen keyboard, and then tap
  on the "book" in the lower-left corner). If it opens alright, scroll down
to the O's and delete 'overs' if it is there.

You didn't mention if you are using any 3rd-party HWR addons, like alt.rec...
or Corrector+. Are you? Are you using printed or cursive recognition?