Re: [NTLK] Signing off for a little while

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 20:58:40 PST

on 12/03/04 23:52, Bruce at bmgu3_at_chartermi.net wrote:

> wow 10 days to get 1000 emails,, umm me thinks me spending too much time on
> mine, good thing spring is soon to be here. Good luck Nate, you know it
> isn't too late to call the whole bloddy thing off, go to the pub and talk to
> the rest of the guys in the wedding party. Well it does say party who said
> you had to get married.

Well, I kinda agree with Nate. I've been thinking to unsubscribe due to the
sheer number of emails that this list generates. I would say that during the
day, I must receive on average 1 email every 5 minutes! Worst, I don't know
if I'm getting old with the list or what, but it seems that most topics
don't concern me. Or maybe I'm tired of reading the same topics over and
over, like how to revive the Newton, what new drivers or cards can we use,
etc. Must be getting tired these days...

But, I'm still there keeping an eye on the messages!

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.