Re: [NTLK] Received a suspicious e-mail about a Newton survey.

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 12:45:17 PST

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Paragraph guys were the original
developers of the cursive Newton HWR engine and Apple licensed it. I could
be wrong...

Cheers

Tony
Christchurch
New Zealand
[snip]

Well, they could use someone else's HWR, but thing is, everyone seems
to come to the conclusion that the Newton still has the best HWR
system, so it would be weird to move to something different as a user.
Other thing is, it was just an example. HyperCard has not been in
active development for almost ten years, Apple won't sell it. I doubt
they would sell off their Newton tech ...

David
[snip]