[NTLK] MP130 and V60ci cell as modem

From: Zwerling (mail_at_zwerling.ns.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 19:38:37 PST

Hello all,

I have been attempting to set up my 130 with my Motorola V60ci as a
modem. I have been using the information supplied by Martina Wilson
(and Beez Labs) and the cable make -up from Johannes Wolf. Thanks, and
also the many others whose pages and post I've read. Well, I'm at a
wall now and need more help. Here's what I've been able to do.

I can connect my phone to the MP130, and using EETransfer I can dial a
number and make a connection. (I set up EETransfer and enter an AT
command and get an OK back. I can send other AT commands and I can send
an ATDT nnnnnnn to make my cell phone dial my home phone.) Wow! This is
great. It tells me (I presume) that the cable is okay (serial 9 pin
mini din male to serial DB9 male to serial DB9 female on the Motorola
phone-to-serial cable) and that the phone is reachable.

What I can not do is get the Newt to send an email (simplemail) or
connect to the 'net (NewtsCape). I am sure this is due entirely to my
limited knowledge of where and what to poke into the various spots on
the Newt that info needs to be poked. At least I hope that's all there
is to it. I would welcome guidance, please, either direct to my email,
or on the list. If someone would be willing to talk me through it, I'd
be glad to place the long distance call. (I'm in Eastern Canada, so a
North American call would be the most sensible. Of course, I'm using
the word sensible in a post dealing with using my Newton, but you will
understand even if my spouse is becoming quite concerned.)

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Stephen Zwerling

mail_at_zwerling.ns.ca

voice: 902 826 7431