[NTLK] Back onboard agin! Thanks!

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 16:40:51 PST

Hi Everyone:

My Newtontalk digests miraculously began reappearing this evening!
I was panicking a bit, having been deprived of my Newt fix.

I was racing to get my spare MP 2000 set up. I loaded it with some simple
math drill programs, the few publicly-available children's books in Newton
format, and a few simple games. Tonight, I presented it to my niece (she is 80%
deaf and also ADHD). So far, she seems very interested in learning how to use
her Newt!
She already has learned how to enter her friends' names and phone numbers
into the names program. We also explored the checkers and word search games
together.

Tina still has to figure out how to train the Newton to recognize her
handwriting. I am hopeful that the novelty of the Newton, coupled with the
Text-to-Speech function will encourage her to practice writing more often. Hopefully,
she will learn to use the Newton as her electronic diary.

If anybody can recommend any links for educational kids stuff, please let me
know. Thank you.

Matt K.