Re: [NTLK] DOH!

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 16:07:21 PST

>I'm about to go to bed, so I pull my newton mp2100 out of my backpack,
>put my wireless card in it, and climb into bed. I open the screen cover

>to see a lovely spiderweb of cracked lcd screen in front of me.

Arg. I'm feeling with you.

> Luckily my nuShield kept any glass bits from spilling into my bed
> or my backpack.

Even without a NuShield the digitizer foil normally takes care of
that.

> So what are my options? Just how modular is the display assembly

See http://www.pda-soft.de/mp_1x0_display.html

It is for a MP130, but the only difference is that the backlight
can be replaced separately on a 2x00 display.

> Can the glass and touchsensor be replaced inependently of the actual
> lcd and/or the backlight?

Yes.

> What would a good source be for replacement parts?

You might want to ask Dr. Newton at http://www.maplenet.net/~dwatson/.
Not sure if he sells the parts, but he offers 2x00 repairs. Of course,
there's also your friendly neighborhood Newton fixer in Germany. But
be aware that Dr. Newton is a professional whereas I am, well, let's
say usually more persistant than the dead Newtons so that they
eventually
give up.

> I should remove the pics of my gf who dumped me tonight

Sometimes life can be a bitch...

If you need further assistance, mail me off-list. Or come to
Kissimmee/Florida March 21 ;-)

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de