Re: [NTLK] OSX source?

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 20:47:47 PST

        OSX is built on Darwin, which is built on NeXT, which I think is based
on Berkley Standard Distribution Unix--there's something different
about the core from BSD, but I can't remember what. Apple said they
made the majority of Darwin open source some years ago, but I don't
know what the details are. It may not be as open-source as Linux, but
it's certainly far from lock and key--for that you look to Microsoft.

On Monday, March 8, 2004, at 07:34 PM, Benjamin Rutledge wrote:

> I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and guess that Apple is keeping
> the
> source for OSX and any future OS's under lock and key. Can anyone
> verify?

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net