Re: [NTLK] [OT]Launch, License or Liberate?! [was Re: OT: Steve and the Newton (Was: Money Making)]

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 16:19:35 PST

On Mar 8, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
<snip>
> I remember reading somewhere, that Apple has more
> lawyers than they have engineers...
I read somewhere that Elvis is still alive and having an alien baby.
> and unless you can come up with hundreds of millions
> of dollars (not like Dell who only offered them a
> couple of million dollars for their Newton technology)
What would Dell do with it? considering have NO development team or
skills. and have never developed a single product. Stamping out Intel
designed Windows boxen doesn't count IMO, as I know several inbred
local boys slapping those together here. Although lately I must admit
they are smart enough to use AMD(the locals that is).

> I doubt Apple would even bother to look in your
> direction.
> In all my dealings with Apple from a corporate
> position, I have found that if the request doesn't fit
> within a pre-defined standard, it is refused.
This I have to admit is true.
> ..which
> is kinda funny...it seems that the corporate leaders
> are not "free thinkers"
Actually they are, but they have there own ideas, unlike some drone
companies...

Marty

PS Anyhow the Buying Newton (from Apple) idea has been discussed way
past nauseam here. Developing a compatible OS on another hardware
platform seems the only realistic choice to continue "Newton" into the
future.