Re: [NTLK] Panther Package Installer

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 01:10:44 PST

Hi David,

My favourite way of installing packages is to use an email app like
Mail V. I have Mail V set up on my 2100 and I connect using Wi-Fi or
Ethernet, I can attach several packages to an email and then mail them
to my Newt. I find Escale to be be unstable and often the app will need
force quitting after installing a package, NewTen works well too but
you can only install one Package at a time.

Whereas with Mail V I can add 5 attachments and install them in one go,
much easier I think. If you think you would like to go down the email
route then drop me a line and I will give you instructions if you need
them on installing Mail V, the only caveat is that Mail V only works
with IMAP and not POP. So a lot will also depend on the type of email
you have.

Kindest regards

Anil K Solanki
United Kingdom, MP 2100