[NTLK] NCU with Panther, Need help

From: Robert P. Bruckstein (robert.bruckstein_at_Sun.COM)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 22:50:53 PST

If anyone has succeeded in backing up the Newton to Panther with NCU,
please tell me how you do it. I need to now all the settings as I
cannot get it to work. Before I couldn't even get Appletalk to be
active in Classic, now i have installed a different Appletalk ADSP
extension and it seems to work.

NCU only gives me the option of Appletalk, so I cannot do backups with
serial (using Keyspan adaptor to USB). If you know how to fix this
please let me know, I may need to reinstall NCU?

My set up is:

MP2000 upgraded to 2100, Farallon Ethernet card. I use connect via
Appletalk

Powerbook G4 Aluminum running OSX.3.2. I have tried direct connect to
the Ethernet port and have tried using connecting via my router and
also wireless.

Please tell me all your settings in particular those of the Network
preferences on the Mac. If you can send me a fresh copy of NCU to
reinstall that would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Robert