Re: [NTLK] RTF with images in Newton Press - error -11005

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 11:53:54 PST

* Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> [ 5 Mar 2004 10:14]:
> On 5-mrt-04, at 17:11, Rhonda Hyslop wrote:
> > It's partly that I want the better performance I get from Basilisk II
> > on
> > a fast computer, and partly that I'm just plain stubborn and don't want
> > to change computers just to get newton connectivity.
>
> I always wonder about this from Windows and Linux users, save time
> because it runs on a faster machine while it doesn't work on that
> faster machine.

Heh... really it's more that it's a problem that I want to solve. I
suppose if I cleaned off my desk I could find a spot to set up the old
mac.

The two reasons I listed are by no means equal in weight... the
stubbornness is by far the bigger reason, the speed increase is a perk :-)

(Ideally I'd prefer an NCU workalike that could talk to Dock via
appletalk/netatalk over ethernet and which ran natively on Linux, but I
haven't the programming skill for something like that.)

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project