Re: [NTLK] RTF with images in Newton Press - error -11005

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 08:22:44 PST

On 05/03/04 11:14, "Rhonda Hyslop" <0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net> wrote:

> * Peter H. Coffin <hellsop_at_ninehells.com> [ 5 Mar 2004 00:37]:
>> On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 03:42:43PM -0800, Rhonda Hyslop wrote:
>>> Basilisk on my linux computer won't talk to serial or ethernet, classic
>>> on OSX.2 insists NCU can't run until I have appletalk file sharing
>>> turned on, since the iBook has no serial port and I have no USB/serial
>>> adaptor, but it's turned on in OS X and I can't find that control panel
>>> anywhere in classic and I don't know where the 9.2/classic install disks
>>> are...
>>
>> Chooser desk accessory (on the Apple menu) at least up through System
>> 8.something. Notably, this is NOT on a control panel item, even though
>> the Appletalk control panel (which selects serial port or Ethernet) IS
>> there.
>
> So to turn appletalk file sharing on you go through the chooser? I'll
> have to look at that when I get a chance. (I don't really know my way
> around the mac very well...)

You don't need file sharing turned on to use NCU. You might be missing the
AppleTalk ADSP communication toolbox tool, though, in your Classic
installation. Have you tried re-installing NCU? What is the problem exactly?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA