[NTLK] Linear Flash Card, Bad sectors?

From: Gregory J. Wayman (gwayman_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 10:03:11 PST

I have a Pretec 32 card, it shows 19188K used and 12161K Free

If I try to load any larger programs or Books on this card it will
freeze upon restart. Originally when it did this I did a backup and
erased
the card, then I guess when I restored it I was a little more selective
in what I put back on the card (not nearly the amount of stuff that
was on there previously) So I was kind of lulled into a false security
that I had rectified the problem. Now that I am trying out more
programs it is starting to do it again. Yesterday I tried to load a
1300K book on the card and it locked up on restart, I then restarted
with
all packages deactivated, moved the book to internal store, thinking
this would free it up. Nope. I had to delete the book from internal to
get the card to finally load.

Any suggestions?

Also, where can one buy a new Linear Flash card this size, I think I
would rather buy a card I new had some life in it and not been in a
router at some time, like most on eBay?

Greg