Re: [NTLK] American Poutine?!

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 04:15:55 PST

on 3/4/04 7:19 AM, Chris Chapman at chrisc_at_CLOUDS.NET wrote:

> French Fries with Melted Cheese, grilled onions and thousand island dressing..
> soo good but soo bad..

You need to try a steak salad.... Grilled sirloin tips, garden salad (but
probably including hard boiled eggs), french fries, and your choice of
dressing, but it tastes best with blue cheese dressing, IMO... Guaranteed to
harden your arteries while you eat! But delicious.... Oh, and you can make
it at home... Try it some time... I think, but am not sure, that it's a
Western PA specialty. I know I've only ever seen it in restaurants
there--Kings, Pappans, and small, mom & pop restaurants (and maybe at Quaker
Steak and Lube???) mmmm, I'm getting homesick!!!

Poutine may be awesome, but steak salad has got to be a close second!

Oh, here in Krakow, I can get a "kebab" meal that is chicken made for a
kebab (gyro?) but served with the salad trimmings and french fries, garlic
dressing, and hot dressing for the chicken... It's almost as good as steak
salad, and is a good substitute.... And now I'm getting hungry!!!! ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland