[NTLK] Will 'USB port for Notebooks' work

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 23:19:27 PST

in my MP2x00?

My student returned the card which she won't need anymore, and I was
wondering if I could use it to print to my Canon printer from the
Newton. Or the HP printer at home....

The Card says: ADS Technologies, Inc. FCC: LL5-USBX-501, USB host
device for Card Bus. 1998. Complies with part 15, Class B of the FCC
rules.

It was used in a Mac powerbook G3 (I think). The Instructions say
'for PowerBooks'. It has a cable for pulling power over an ADB port,
and iBook users are informed that they don't have an ADB port to plug
into and thus won't be able to use bus powered devices.

But my canon printer does not need power, right?

I could try it, but will it hurt my Newt?

--
Berthe
Denmark, MP2100