Re: [NTLK] color lcd for mp2x00

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 10:34:07 PST

Chad Welsh wrote:
> hello group,
> was reading through a few tech letters and came across this blurb
<snip>
> and i was wondering if any of the higher level techies out there could
> make any sense out of the ability to use a color lcd with our hip green
> friend.

You can't. OS 2.1 has the hooks to support color but the Voyager chipset does
not. To quote page 1-8 (PDF page 4) of the N2 Platform Overview:

"The LCD Controller generates control and data signals that support the direct
connection of STN Single-Scanned and Dual-Scanned Panels in resolutions of up
to 640x480, with 16 levels of gray."

http://toronto.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/n2platform/n2-overview.pdf

So, at the hardware level, only 4 bits (or 16 greys) of colorspace are
available. Bummer.