Re: [NTLK] Apogrypha *only* Re: Guess what? Two new Newton eBooks for you!

From: Anton Aylward (anton_at_the-wire.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 04:44:16 PST

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 06:47, DJ Vollkasko wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies to this question - I'm looking for a (maybe
> annotated) edition of the Apogrypha *only*. Not the regular OT/NT canon,
> but the stuff left out of the official scripture.
>
> Where can I get that?

As hard copy, the definitive version was the translation by the
Victorian Fabulist and writer of horror stories, the Reverend M .R.
James.

Please do appreciate, the Apocrypha ha not been subjected to the same
iterations of translation and vernacularization as the new and old
testaments and as such the language of the extant translations appear to
be quite turgid. In fact MRJ's horror stories are easier readings that
his translations.

--
Anton Aylward <anton_at_the-wire.com>