Re: [NTLK] Phone numbers

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 14:48:28 PDT

On Jun 28, 2004, at 5:26 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> You shouldn't.
> You only need to have 2 as the area code (or whatever, 2 is for
> Jerusalem, I think area codes in Israel are one digit) and the 7
> other digits as the number.
>
> This will work wherever you are in the world. If you tell the Newton
> where you are (with the Worksite), it will automatically add 011 971
> if you're in the US, 00 971 if you are in countries where 00 is for
> international calls, nothing if you are in Israel, and it will even
> drop the 2 if you're in Jerusalem and one doesn't dial the area code
> there (I don't know about this, maybe you do).

Cool - I had no idea. I had nothing in the Country entry in the Names
app for this particular contact, and I've never dialed them from the
Newton before. But indeed if modify his Names entry, putting Israel as
the country, then use Calls to select his name to dial, it does in fact
prefix the number with 011 972. However it also puts a "#" at the end
of the number...weird. But in any case, a cool feature/piece of smarts
I didn't know the Newt had. Thanks, Paul.