[NTLK] Phone numbers

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 13:43:55 PDT

Hi all,

For my Newton GSM application, I'm looking for a clean way to
transform a national number into its international form.

For example, my main home phone number starts with 08, but if you
dial it from another country, you need to do +33 8 (i.e. you don't
dial the 0).

I know the same thing exists with UK numbers.

There doesn't seem to be some easy non hackish way to do this
transformation by asking the system. So my plan is to drop the
leading 0 if any, whatever the country is (and to prefix with the
country code, of course).

Is there any country where I shouldn't do this? Is there any country
where I should do another transformation?

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/