Re: [NTLK] Frozen Newton Project Rebirth

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 07:52:19 PDT

Minor Update:

Review Of Current Input: (summary of comments)

Basic Offering:
- Only for the top and bottom case and screen flip cover. Frank suggested
this, I too had this in mind already as this would lower cost and make this
project more likely to succeed.

The Japanese effort was a GROUP effort. Everyone placed resources into a
general fund to fund their venture. I think this would be the best way since
I am not here to make money but then this depends on the trust level of
everyone. I have reviewed the orignial documentation from the Japanese
effort and see that even for them that was the way that they were able to
afford the cost of fabrication of molds and manufacture of the final
product. (Singed a Contract)

-No Logo (user should take of this themselves, or installed to transfer?) to
prevent complications

Concerns:
-Costs – will deal with that as more info comes in.
-Shrinkage – will be posed to manufacturing company.
-Material being flexible – Will request that it be as flexible as
possible like original material as this is needed in the assembly and
disassembly process.
-Contacting Japanese Newtonian; difficult – I have tried contacting
by email those that I found related to the MASA Frozen Newton Project by
their email addresses, but they were not found on their respective servers.
(remember this was over 3 years ago) If anyone has a line of communication
with anyone of them please help me get in contact with them.
-Student from an Applied Sciences University; If the person suggesting this
would look into it and provide follow up info. This might be interesting
– though it may not be advisable as we need professional work here in
production processing.
-Installation – I too could offer this after production is settled. I
don't have the reputation of Frank (ln knees and bowing to acknowledge him
as Teacher) or others here on NTLK, Frank's other comment on pre-shipping
would be a great offer I believe. I however do not have in stock MP2100's,
though I do have MP2000's, but hesitate as there other considerations to
contend with such as condition of LCD...etc and user's MP2x00's condition.

To close this off.
I will be reviewing my MP2x00 cases to see which one is the best and has no
damage and/or the least amount of wear. I think I have one that's pretty
clean. (thanks Frank for offering to ship a MP2100 case - I didn't want you
to send it even at your own cost as it would be fruitless unless I am
returned a ball park price for molding fabrication and production of 25-30
that falls within the $150-175 USD range.

My next update may be towards the end of Sept or Dec/04. Hope all of you are
having a great summer and to those going to the WWNC in Paris have a great
time!

Thanks for all your suggestions and if you have more please post them.

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family

MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!
http://movies.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200509ave/direct/01/