Re: [NTLK] Connecting to the Internet with a T610

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 10:40:04 PDT

On Jun 26, 2004, at 3:40 AM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> Aux environs du 26/06/04 à 3:01 -0700, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
> Connecting to the Internet with a T610", Martin Joseph prit sa plus
> belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>> I don't know what SFR is, but I suppose that is your phone company?
>
> Yes.
>
>> On the t68i I had to navigate to WAP services/options/common/Password
>> list and turn that off.
>
> The closest I have is Connections/WAP Options/Passwords/Memorize
> Passwords
> It was on. I did turn it off. Same error :(
>
>> Also where you have foo I left blank,
>
> I tried blank as well (Internet Setup says "<None>"), but I still get
> the same error. Same error as well if I do put a space for the user
> name.
Hmmm,

The way I got my t68i working is by making a WAP setup to connect
directly from the phone itself. This involves navigating all of those
dumb little menus.

Sure makes you appreciate how slick the Powerbook hookup is, doesn't it?

My script on the Newton which works is:

Send ATDT*98*1#
Send <return>
Wait for CONNECT
Done

the 1# selects the first WAP configuration on the phone, so if the one
you create (which works) is the 2nd on the list of WAP setups change it
to a 2.

On the t68i it also connected immediately after pairing with BT, but
with IR I needed to turn off that Password Lists option(previously
mentioned), whatever that means.

marty

PS I still have disconnection issues with this setup. Also the PPP
failed thing sounds very similar to what I saw (via IR) before
disabling the password list feature.