[NTLK] Connecting to the Internet with a T610

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 02:23:26 PDT

Hi all,

I have issues to connect to the Internet with a Sony Ericsson T610 via SFR.

I tried over both Bluetooth and IrDA, with no success.
I was able to connect to the Internet with my Mac (over Bluetooth).

I have installed the following packages:
Bluetooth Setup
Blunt
Neo
Nitro
IC/VC
NIE Blunt & Nitro Support
NIE Modem & Serial
Newton Internet Enabler

I did setup the connection on the Newton and its CID is 4.
On the Mac, I did use a script cooked by Ross Barkman.
http://www.taniwha.org.uk/

Bluetooth on the Newton (with a CBT100C card) works nearly perfectly
(I'm not able to receive something via BT OBEX, everything else
works).

IrOBEX exchanges work fine.

On the Newton, I tried the following configuration:
(inspired from http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/BlueTooth)
Bluetooth
Protocol: PPP
Configuration: Server
User ID: foo
Primary DNS/Name Server: my ISP's DNS (what I have on the mac)
Secondary DNS: my ISP's DNS
Domain Name: unfilled (I tried filling it as well)
Login Script:
send ATDT*99***4#
send return
wait for CONNECT
done
Logout Script:
send ATH0
send return
done

I tried to connect with Internet Setup Picker. The phone seems to
connect, then no longer does anything and I get a PPP error. If I do
put a pause, the phone doesn't say anything else (just CONNECT).

The same configuration with IrDA failed as well.

I tried a more complex script based on the script on the Mac.
send AT
send return
wait for OK
send AT+CGMI
send return
wait for ERICSSON
send AT&FE0S0=0
send return
wait for OK
send AT+CGDCONT=4,"IP","websfr"
send return
wait for OK
send ATD*99***4#
sent return
wait for CONNECT

and the phone says OK, SONY ERICSSON, OK, OK and CONNECT.
But it doesn't work.
Inserting a pause makes the phone staying longer in the Connecting
phase, but it doesn't help. I did put a 30 seconds pause, but the Mac
connects much faster and it didn't help.

Hence, I'm starting to suspect I would need some PPP options to be
able to connect. But I'm not sure they could be set with NIE and how.

Any idea?

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/