Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Woes

From: Tom Zahm (tpzahm_at_newted.org)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 07:14:02 PDT

>between the 3com3C589C and 3com3C589D -> namely that the 3C589C does
not
>work int the Newt.
>Maybe there is anybody on the list who can prove the contrary, but I
do not
>believe so.

I can prove the contrary. I've sold a bunch of 'Cs and 'Ds, and tested
each
and every one in my MP2000U before shipping.

>Sorry for that but it should be possible to get a 3C589D card for a
decent
>price.

Sure. I have some left ($8 del'd anywhere in US by 1st class mail; $10
via
Priority Mail), but I really think the 'C should work.

Yours in Newtondom,
Tom Zahm

Be a good loser, but don't make it a habit.