Re: [NTLK] Frozen Newton Project Rebirth?! :)

From: Paul Zenk (pzenk_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 14:51:14 PDT

>Hello everyone,
>

>Hopefully this will be less than two week after I get them the parts.

snip

>Eject Button (PCMCIA)
>These pieces are tough to disassemble - if anyone has these taken apart
>contact me please! (plastic piece removed from the metal ejection pin after
>being removed from the entire PCMCIA Sub -Assembly)

I have also tried to remove the metal from the plastic on these
because I wanted to try casting some new parts. These ejector buttons
seem to always fail where the external cap meets the solid
plastic/metal clip. I tried to heat the metal clip with a soldering
iron, but it did not melt enough of the plastic to loosen the metal
ejection pin from the plastic cap.

Paul Zenk