Re: [NTLK] MP2000 upgrade

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 11:20:58 PDT

Edmund Blackadder wrote:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:05:48 +0100

>I am about to upgrade my MP2000 with a 2100 mb i have.
>My question is:
>Do i have to change the entire mb? Or just the ROM board?Where is the
>extra memory located?

Yes! You have to replace the entire motherboard - Frank G. mentioned to me
that the chips underneath the ROM Board are the chips that are different
between the MP2000 and MP2100. This is much easier than de-soldering and
soldering them...

Check Frank's awesome site for disassembly.
http://www.pda-soft.de/body_2x00_disassemble.html
It's easy, at least it was for me...the only problem I ran into was
initially getting the back cover/bezel off. (I just twisted the case
carefully till the cranky portion of the case opened. After that it was
pretty smooth sailing disassembling the newt the rest of the way.

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family

From ‘will you?’ to ‘I do,’ MSN Life Events is your resource for Getting