Re: [NTLK] Fwd: My Newton 2100 In The Mail! - Preparation?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 07:27:45 PDT

On 22-jun-04, at 16:16, Jared Bland wrote:
> - I want to use the internet wirelessly from my Buffalo AirStation G54

Should be possible since it works with Airport Extreme but I might be
wrong

> - I would like to sync my Address Book with my Newton

NewtSynch should do the job and now freeware/donationware

> - I would like to also be able to send and receive e-mail on my Newton

All clients are free, though a donation to Simon Bell might be nice...

> - I would like to use Instant Messaging on my Newton (possible???)

Sort of, highly depends of which service

> I basically need a wireless e-mail and note-taking machine. I am not
> looking to spend much money on the hardware/software required (who
> isn't?) but I definitely would never steal/pirate it. If there is a
> wireless card and driver I would need to use, I'd like to use the
> cheapest one (no high-end WEP is necessary). I just want to be able to
> maintain a reliable connection on the various routers I may come within
> range of.

The cards creep up on the list all of the time, the Lucent silver might
be a good and cheap option.

Robert Benschop