Re: [NTLK] [OT?] Wireless Mac AP question

From: Evan Scott (vertigo_at_email.arizona.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 17:12:44 PDT

Mr Hung,

As far as I know, all versions of Airport (including Express) are fully
Wi-Fi certified, E.g. they will be visible to x86 based computers just
as any other access point would be. As for non-Mac OS configuration,
I'm pretty certain that the Airports have a HTML-based setup utility
which needs nothing more than a web browser.

The airport cards will also connect to non-airport access points
(they'd be pretty pointless, otherwise).

Of course, my full recommendation would be to sell off those useless
hulks known as "Windows" computers and pick up a couple iMacs or
PowerMacs. Then the whole question becomes moot.

-Evan Scott