Re: [NTLK] MoreInfo

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 12:10:27 PDT

>The MoreInfo pkg's at
>http://www.unna.org/view.php?/applications/pim/MoreInfo5.04Demo
>
>indicate it is a Demo - Or is it still supported

It is still suported by sliverware.com. The author gets right back to
customers with questions, or regestration codes. I talked with him a few
months ago and he was nothing but helpfull even though I decided not to
continue to use/purchase the software.

>if it is truely a demo and it is a dead application - will it be crippled
>at somepoint has a reg code been release.

Iti s not a dead application, but yes it is a demo. It will work for 30
days (or was it 60, I can't remmeber off hand) then stop working. It will
warn you via system alarms first 1 week before it expires, then 2 days and
finally a day before it expires. So you won't be "caought off guard" and
can get any "more info only" moved to some other format before it expires.

>Or if this a dead app does someone have the program what will share it
with
>me?

Again it is not a dead app, and sharing the software would not do any good.
You need a regstration code to get it to work past the expiary period. And
each code is unique, so even if they shared that as well, it would not help
you.

More Info is one of the best apps I have ever used on my Newton. However it
is too expensive for me ($80), so I gave it up and went with something
cheaper. There are times when I do miss it, but as I said it is too
expensive. At one time the author was giving a half price discount to NTLK
users, but that is no longer going on (I checked a couple of months ago and
he told me the discount was no more).

-Dan