Re: [NTLK] Do I want to use HyperNewt or Some other app?

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 12:18:07 PDT

Hi Laurie,

    I use HyperNewt and like it a lot. Not sure it is exactly the
answer for what you're looking for though. What I havn't figured out
how to do yet is have a recurring calendar entry with a note attached
such that each time that calendar entry "reminds" me of the event, I
can tap and get the note attached to it for reference.

    I can attach a note to any given calendar entry, but I want to
attach the *same* note to *each* of the repeating calendar events. I
havn't figured a way for HyperNewt (or ActionNames) to help me with
this (yet).

    What HyperNewt is very good for is keeping your notes organized in
a heirarchical directory structure. So, you could have all your notes
regarding your medical appointments all in the same folder. You even
have some flexibility about how you sort it (I think - or maybe that's
another package... not really sure).

     I thought the linking features of HyperNewt could help me with
the above issue, but I do not see how it can. (I can create a link
*from* a calendar entry into the notepad, but that's only worthwhile
when using the notepad to call up that calendar entry, and it doesn't
help me to go that way.) I'd rather be given a calendar event, and be
linked back to the notepad note regarding that event.

     Any ideas?

Thanks,

George Bingham